About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Namche Bazaar

I got up at 5:45 am and packed my bag for Santo, my porter. We left at 7:30 am and arrived at Namche Bazaar at 11 am. Much easier walking down. Today I spent the day shopping, relaxing and eating the best meals that I have had since my trek started. Tomorrow Lukla and then Kathmandu the day after. I went to the big local market but most things had closed by the time I got back after getting my camera. The little boy in the picture was outside my room growling and when I opened the door I noticed he had claws on like a tiger. Namche Bazaar is the last place to purchase equipment, clothes and supplies for the trek. It is always busy and very beautiful.























No comments: