About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Monday, October 8, 2007

Gokyo Ri {5483 meters}

Saturday March 24, 2007 

We left around 6:30 am and everyone was stopping every 20-30 minutes to catch their breath. The climb was incredibly hard but the view at the summit made it all worth while. The day was beautiful and cloud free. You could see the high winds blowing snow off of the peak of Everest. I do wish the lake had not been frozen because it would have been beautiful in the mountain settling. Summited about 10 am and we set on top and looked at Everest in all its glory. The sun was getting hot and we decided to go down after 30 minutes before the ice started melting and the trails got slippery. Later, I realized I had gotten sunburned. Suntan lotion is usually hard to remember at 5 am. We got back at 12:30, I took my 1st shower in 4 days and got a tuna sandwich and tomato soup . I went to the "highest bookstore in the world" but only bought Pringles. Great day!!!!


 

No comments: