About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Going Home

Monday April 9, 2006

I leave Kathmandu Airport at 12:45 pm but I have a 6 hr layover in New Delhi, India, airport. Not my favorite place. After spending almost 6 hrs waiting in New Delhi, I almost missed my flight because no one called me regarding the boarding pass. When I finally found someone to help me about 30 minutes before takeoff they said I was not on the passenger list. Not a good thing since only one flight a day goes to the US . I showed them my ticket and they finally agreed I could board but my large bag would have to come on a later flight. After boarding the plane I was called up to the front by the stewardesses. I thought they were going to kick me off the plane due to overbooking but they said I was being upgraded to 1st class for my troubles. Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. I have never flown 1st class before but since I had a 14 hr flight to the US, this was a good time to give it a try. How bad could it be. LOL Good food, good wine and seat that reclines to a bed. This is the way to travel. On my way home now but starting to think of Costa Rica or Peru. Stay tuned.

" The real treasure, that which we all seek, is never very far; there is no real need to seek it in a distant place, for it lies buried within our own hearts. And yet there is this strange and persistent fact, that it is only after a journey in a distant region, in a new land, that the way to that treasure becomes clear."

Heinrich Zimmer

No comments: